About Me

My photo
Minneapolis, MN
Small town raised. Loves the Big City. Loves my husband and my canine kids. Love all things vintage.

Monday, January 31, 2011

31/365

Day 09 – A picture of your favorite book; why is it your favorite?

Ok once again, I can't pick ONE book!  There are like 4 billion out there!

My favorite books as a kid:

Loved Little House!!  I've always enjoyed history and I loved reading about a girl, who was once REAL  and lived in the Midwest.   My grandma even got me a bonnet when she went to Walnut Grove for Laura Ingalls Wilder Days.   Still have it! :)

As a teen I enjoyed this book:


Weird choice for a teenager eh?  Well again, I love history and I really enjoy Civil War era history.   And I'm pretty sure Scarlett O'Hara could kick someone's ass - that crying and whining about "never being hungry again" and "please Rhett don't leave me" was alllll an act.  I've read this book a few times and seen the movie quite a few too.  Love.


Recent books I've read because they're entertaining and a fast read:

 The Sookie Stackhouse series which the show "True Blood" is based on.  While I love the show, I love the books so much more.  Especially now that the show is starting to combine books - oy! I can't keep straight what's going on anymore.  These books have vampires, werewolves, witches, fairies, and humans hanging out in Louisiana. 


Twilight.  Yes it has its haters... probably haters who've never read the books.  I came across the books right before the first movie came out and had read them all in about a month.  The books are actually pretty enjoyable.  They're a fast read that you don't have to think too hard about.   Don't judge the books based on the movies people.  


And my most recent find:


I've said it before, I'll say it again - read these books!   I've passed them onto 3 people at work and now Lucas is reading them.  Lucas said they have a Final Fantasy meets 5th Element feel which is true, but not too much -  I don't think I would enjoy them as much if they were super crazy sci fi.  The sci fi aspects do not take away from the actual story.  







No comments:

Post a Comment