About Me

My photo
Minneapolis, MN
Small town raised. Loves the Big City. Loves my husband and my canine kids. Love all things vintage.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pin Curls


Today I took my pin curl clips and gave pin curls a try.  I curled my hair wet (some people do it dry but I don't think I would like that - too many fly away hairs all over the place).  It took me about an hour to pin all of my hair (hello jello arms).  This is what it looked like:


I let it dry for about 4 hours and then took out all 77 pins.   Before: Shirley Temple....


After:  The 80's called - they want their hair back.  For realz.  This is where most first time pin curlers freak out and wash their hair.  I however have watched 9 million You Tube videos on the subject so I know better.  :-)


(I know your jealous by this hotness.  1. Please excuse the crappy bathroom pic and 2. Please excuse my extreme lack of make up.)

The key to pin curls is brush, brush, brush, brush, brush, brush, did I mention brush?  Ok oh, well when you're done brushing - brush some more.  I also added some smoothing serum to help tame that frizz.

Finished product.  Not bad for a first timer!!



(This side needs more work.)

Can't wait to try again! From what I've read the key is practice, practice, practice.  Thank you Lisa Freemont Street for your awesome tutorials - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PBwSXHWvA8!  

3 comments:

  1. The middle pic made me laugh!! Love the finished product, though - especially the front/bangs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. if you come across any good tutorials for finger waves or something else cool for my length, send 'em my way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From what I've heard finger waves are the devil. :-)

    ReplyDelete