I thought I'd share my favorite websites. Most of you know I'm a computer junkie so this is what I "do" while I'm on the computer. :-) (Don't judge! lol)
1. Facebook: www.facebook.com Yes, Facebook has its haters. However, I love that I can keep in touch with family, friends and classmates. Its almost like a mini class reunion - its fun reading up on what my classmates have been doing and seeing pictures of their kids, etc. And granted there is a lot of bitching and moaning that happens on Facebook, but that's what the "Hide" button is for.
2. Spark People: www.sparkpeople.com I looooove this website. Its #1 reason I have lost 70 lbs over the last year (more on that in a future blog). Its FREE, has a calorie tracker, recipes, and all of the members are very supportive and motivational.
3. www.backtoherroots.com I found this website through Spark People - Cass is a member this is her blog. She's a graphic designer and her husband is a photographer so of course she has a super fun website to look at. She's also one of the reasons (besides the movie "Food, Inc.") that prompted Lucas and I to start working towards eating more organic and locally grown food.
4. www.netflix.com Because its the best thing since sliced bread, mkay? No really - we cancelled cable and we pretty much watch everything online or through Netflix. Love. 'Nuff said.
5. www.wcco.com Because I cancelled cable and need to somewhat know what's going on in the world.
6. www.people.com Because I like to know what the "beautiful people" are up to sometimes.
7. www.jseverydayfashion.com I've always loved fashion and trends, but since I've lost weight I'm loving it even more. J is super fashion savvy and puts together outfits for pretty reasonable prices. I like to check it out once in awhile to see what kind of deals she's scored. :-)
8. www.itunes.com - Do I need to explain?
Honorable mentions: www.cookinglight.com, www.wholeliving.com, www.kraftrecipes.com are my faves for recipes; http://www.kandeethemakeupartist.blogspot.com/ - I love makeup and I love the videos Kandee does to show you tricks on applying make up; http://thepioneerwoman.com/ because she cracks me up; http://www.hungry-girl.com/ - great recipes and tips on low cal meals, snacks, etc. and http://www.stereomood.com/ because its fun!