About Me

My photo
Minneapolis, MN
Small town raised. Loves the Big City. Loves my husband and my canine kids. Love all things vintage.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

142/365


I found this picture of my Grandpa at my mom and dad's.  I LOVE IT!  Its my favorite picture of him.  I think it was taken at Grandma and Grandpa's 50th wedding anniversary party.  He came off as being very "stern" or "rough" but he was the COMPLETE opposite.  He didn't speak much but when he did it was for a reason and people listened.  :-)  He use to let me paint his fingernails and "fix" his hair when I was little, lol.  And whenever I didn't want to eat what mom was cooking, I walked across the lawn to Grandma and Grandpa's for pork chops - I swear to God that's all Granny ever made.  He loved to bowl and actually had a stroke and died while bowling - a pretty fitting way to "go out" Gramps.  :-)   

No comments:

Post a Comment