About Me

My photo
Minneapolis, MN
Small town raised. Loves the Big City. Loves my husband and my canine kids. Love all things vintage.

Monday, May 2, 2011

122/365

A quote from my Facebook friend Barb,


"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." -Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.


And that would pretty much be how I feel about this Osama thing.  I saw footage and pictures of Americans celebrating in the streets and I thought to myself "How are those Americans any different than Pakistanis celebrating in the streets after American soldiers were killed?" I have mixed emotions over the celebrating....  And just like the death of Sadam Hussein didn't create "world peace", I don't think killing Osama bin Laden will create it either.  Unfortunately it may have opened a whole new can of worms..... 


I feel for the families of 9/11 and the families of the soldiers who died in this forever long "War on Terrorism" and I hope they have gotten some sort of peace or justice with his death, but for me personally, I will not rejoice in his death nor will I be sad about it.  I respect our troops - what needed to be done was done.  They did what they have been asked to do - seek and destroy.   But again, I just wish that everyone involved now has some peace.


This is MY opinion - I'm not looking for a debate.  Everyone is entitled to their opinions and this just happens to be mine.  Its the beauty of having a blog.  :-)  *

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for putting my feelings into words much better than I ever could have. Perfectly stated Amber, IMHO

    ReplyDelete