About Me

My photo
Minneapolis, MN
Small town raised. Loves the Big City. Loves my husband and my canine kids. Love all things vintage.

Friday, March 11, 2011

70/365

This is Kransekake.  Norwegian Wedding Cake.  So.Freaking.Good.  Its chewy and has a light almost taste.  Droooool.  And I'm certain there are 9 billion calories in it.  Where was this when I was a kid being coaxed into lefse, blood sausage or other "Norwegian" cultural foods?  


This is Dar.  She's a nurse where I work.  And she makes the above mentioned loveliness.  Here's Dar with HER Kransekake she brought to work today.


Dar is retiring after working MANY years in the spine surgery business.  She's one of the nicest, sweetest, classiest ladies I've ever had the pleasure to know and a heck of a nurse.  

Here is my chicken that Dar made:


My chicken is Ed, the Twilight Chicken.  Dar made him for my birthday a couple years ago.  She's made one for everyone in the office and since announcing her retirement she's been making quite the effort to make sure EVERYONE in the office got one before she left.   I think she's cranked out more chickens in the last week than she has in the last 3 years.  :-)  Everyone's chicken is a representation of them or something they like - Twilight for me, Packers, Twins and Vikings chickens for the sports fans, mice for the IT guy (get it?  Dar is so clever).  

You'll be missed Dar.  Hope you have the best time EVER at your new retirement house Up North!  

No comments:

Post a Comment