About Me

My photo
Minneapolis, MN
Small town raised. Loves the Big City. Loves my husband and my canine kids. Love all things vintage.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

268/365

Well our hiking plans were ruined by the weather.  Hiking in cold, rainy weather isn't our cup to tea.  So instead we hung out and did nothing. :)  We did go to dinner tonight at Haute Dish in Minneapolis with Julie for Supper Club.  Definitely an interesting menu!


Starters included fry bread for Lucas, ants on a log (fancy style) for Julie and watermelon and tomato Salad for me.  I wasn't a HUGE fan of the salad (although it was puuurty).  I really liked the fry bread Lucas got - it came with thinly sliced ham and a giant ball of mozzarella - hello!

Fry Bread


Watermelon Tomato Salad


Ants on a Log (Spring Roll style)


Lucas and I shared Tater Tot Hot Dish for dinner - this isn't your mama's TTHD people.  This included short ribs, green beans and some crazy good "tots" that tasted like fried mashed potatoes.  Julie had Steak and Potatoes which included marrow bone and potatoes fried in duck fat.  Lucas is NOT a fan of marrow -it has a weird texture.  He's a texture man.

This is Tater Tot Hotdish.



Dessert was Brie Cheesecake.


Time to go do 19,938 sit ups!  LOL.

1 comment:

  1. You are brave, I don't think I could eat most of that stuff (especially the marrow)! :)

    ReplyDelete