About Me

My photo
Minneapolis, MN
Small town raised. Loves the Big City. Loves my husband and my canine kids. Love all things vintage.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

174/365

I tried a new recipe tonight - Panzanella.  OMG.  YUM!  And easy.

What do you need?

Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Red Onion, Fresh Basil.  Chop everything but the basil and toss together.  I put the basil leaves in whole.  Add olive oil, salt and pepper.  Let sit for a bit.  



Cube bread (the traditional recipe calls for "day old bread") - I bought a loaf from Trader Joe's on Tuesday.  Toss in olive oil, salt and pepper and bake for about 10 min.   As Lucas said "You're making croutons."  Kinda.  



Put the bread on top of the veggies and enjoy.  Fresh, flavorful and soooo good!  We served it up with salmon patties tonight.




No comments:

Post a Comment