About Me

My photo
Minneapolis, MN
Small town raised. Loves the Big City. Loves my husband and my canine kids. Love all things vintage.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

241/365

Happy Tuesday all.  I seriously should have taken today off to recover from my 4 hours at the fair.   


Random thoughts of the day:


I loved the weather today!  Ok maybe not the rain, but the cooler air.  I wanted to come home and cook a fall dish like pork chops with apples and pumpkin pie spices.  MMmmmm.  Fall food is muy bueno.


Speaking of fall food, I picked up my FIRST Halloween magazine of the season.  Its a Taste of Home magazine and has some delicious looking/sounding fall recipes in them.  Cannot wait to test those out.  Things I'm looking forward to trying:  Fall Turkey Meatloaf, Mallow Sweet Potato Bake, Apple Pizza, Pumpkin Tiramisu, Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie, and Cream Cheese Cranberry Muffins.  Lucas will be pleased to sample the menu I'm sure.


Speaking of Halloween - we have our costumes figured out.  So excited.  I think it will be fun.  I'm not saying what it is, but I'll give you one clue:  Disney.  (Work peeps who know what I'm dressing as, hush!)  :-)  


And speaking of..... well speaking of nothing, our CSA today includes:  






tomatoes
onions
garlic
peppers
basil
potatoes
zucchini
cucumbers
watermelons
eggplant
beets

Now excuse me while I figure out wtf to do with an eggplant.....

No comments:

Post a Comment