About Me

My photo
Minneapolis, MN
Small town raised. Loves the Big City. Loves my husband and my canine kids. Love all things vintage.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Let's go shopping!



If there’s one thing I love its shopping.  While I often prefer to do it online because I dislike annoying people wandering aimlessly around a mall looking like they’ve just landed from another planet, I do enjoy the thrill of the hunt.  I also love fashion and making other people feel good about themselves, step outside of their comfort zone and find new looks.  Had you asked me 5 or even 3 years ago if I would have stepped out of my house wearing skinny jeans or blue tights or pin up dresses (not all at the same time mind you) I would have said you were bat shit crazy.   Alas, I have evolved.   I’ve learned a ton reading all the fashion blogs I’ve found over the past year.  I think when I win the lottery and/or Lucas becomes a famous furniture designer I would like to be in the business of personal shopping.  Whether it be for someone’s personal wardrobe makeover, a special event, Halloween or even a party (shopping for props, decorations, etc. not just clothes).  I’ve heard people say I should be a party planner and while that would be faboosh I don’t think I could deal with the crazies – it would be like being a wedding planner.  No thank you ma’m.   But I would certainly be up for helping people shop and/or find things for their parties.   So if anyone wants to help me practice being a personal shopper – email me!  I’d be happy to go shopping with you and help you pick things out.  I just helped my cousin put together an outfit for a wedding and we did it totally over email/texting, haha.  Very 2012.  And budget doesn't have to be an issue - stores like Old Navy, Target, Forever 21, Kohl's and JC Penney and even Goodwill (!) offer cute outfit options for the savvy shoppers.  :-)

PS – I know there are stores that you can work as a personal shopper (i.e. Nordstrom’s) but a.) they want you to have retail experience, b.) I wouldn’t want to be tied down to making an outfit out of ONE store’s things and c.) I don’t think I’d want to do it all day every day.  I do still have to work as Lucas’ bookkeeper and marketing director of his famous furniture business too.  ;-)


PPS - did you join my Facebook group yet?  http://themarks365days.blogspot.com/2012/07/pin-up-fit.html

No comments:

Post a Comment