Friday, July 20, 2012
It Must be Good...
.... if you make the same recipe 3 times in one week! I made these muffins Monday night, then again Wednesday night, and then again tonight (they make great on the go breakfast snacks). I'm sure the fact that my husband has biked to work a couple times this week doesn't help the fact that we're going through muffins like mad over here. They're pretty healthy, tasty and you can add whatever fruits you want (or in my case I added flax seeds - I suppose you could add nuts too). The first batch I made I did a mashed up banana and frozen blueberries and the second and third times I did 2 bananas and dried cranberries. Anyway - here is the recipe -
2 1/4 Cups Dry Oatmeal
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup skim milk - I used coconut milk
1/3 cup Splenda - I used real sugar - I'd rather eat that than chemicals
2 large egg whites
1/2 cup Applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
cinnamon to taste
blue berries (frozen or fresh)
Banana (mashed or cut into small pieces, you can use less applesauce if you add banana)
Any small diced fruit of your choosing!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray or add cupcake liners
3. In a big bowl, mix oatmeal, baking powder, salt and cinnamon
4. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until incorporated (t resembles slightly runny oatmeal)
5. Fill each muffin 3/4 full, bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.