About Me

My photo
Minneapolis, MN
Small town raised. Loves the Big City. Loves my husband and my canine kids. Love all things vintage.

Monday, December 5, 2011

336/365

What's your favorite Christmas movie?   There are about a billion out there.  I read a recent poll online (totally non scientific) - 40% of people say "Elf" is their fave.  "Home Alone" comes in second at 19%.  "National Lampoon's" came in at 14%, "It's A Wonderful Life" at 13%,  "Grinch" at 12%, "Charlie Brown Christmas" at 10%, "Santa Clause" at 8%, "Miracle on 34th Street" at 7% and "A Christmas Carol" at 5%.

My top 3 are the same as the poll.   Love, Love, Love.  I made my parents watch "Elf" at Thanksgiving.
"We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup."  


I think it might be a generational thing as to why "A Christmas Carol", "Miracle on 34th Street" and "It's A Wonderful Life" aren't in the top - most kids haven't even seen those movies.  Honestly I've never seen the latter 2 from beginning to end and I've only seen Mickey's version of "A Christmas Carol".  :)

So what's your favorite and why?

I'll tell you one that I absolutely cannot do - the stupid Christmas Shoe Hallmark one - I've never seen it but I turn off the song every time it comes on the radio so I know I can't stomach the movie!

2 comments:

  1. Number 1 movie is A Christmas Story, and everything else is 2nd. I LOVE "Its a Wonderful Life" and "Miracle on 34th Street", "Meet Me In St. Louis", "The Family Stone", "The Holiday", "Love Actually", "A Christmas Carol", "Polar Express" ... etc, etc :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. White Christmas, followed by Home Alone. I've never seen Elf...maybe I should. :)

    ReplyDelete