About Me

My photo
Minneapolis, MN
Small town raised. Loves the Big City. Loves my husband and my canine kids. Love all things vintage.

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Yum, Yum, Yummity Yum

I have to share the awesome salad I made for dinner tonight.   The "dressing" made it - and the dressing was totally me winging it.


It started off as a taco salad basically - romaine, black beans, flax seeds (for omega 3's - you can't really taste them), onion, a little cheese and Trader Joe's fresh salsa (which is a combo of cilantro, garlic, tomatoes and jalapenos).  So I was trying to decide what kind of salad dressing to top it off with.

I got out the Magic Bullet and blended together fresh cilantro (about a hand full), an avocado, olive oil (about a tablespoon), sour cream (about a 1/2 cup) fresh lime juice from 1 lime, hot sauce, garlic, cumin, pepper and sea salt to taste:


Blend and this is what you get:


I will definitely be making this again.  The dressing would even be awesome on tacos.  Lucas even said "Applebee's should buy this recipe!"  Ha, I'll take that as a compliment.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment