About Me

My photo
Minneapolis, MN
Small town raised. Loves the Big City. Loves my husband and my canine kids. Love all things vintage.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Margherita Pizza

I threw together Margherita Pizza tonight.  Traditionally this pizza includes basil, tomato and mozzarella.

Here are my ingredients:


Trader Joe's wheat pizza dough, lite mozzarella, basil and tomatoes.  Not pictured: olive oil and seasonings.  You can also use pitas to make individual pizzas.  Great for lunches on the go!

Roll out dough.  Spread a thin layer of olive oil over the dough.  Sprinkle a light layer of cheese over the dough followed by a bit of garlic (I used garlic salt since I didn't have any fresh - fresh is better though), thinly sliced tomatoes (I used 2) and fresh basil.  Sprinkle with a little more cheese and pepper.  Bake at 350.  I had to do it for 30 min even though the package said 15 - it was still too "doughy" after only 15 min.


Voila!



No comments:

Post a Comment