About Me

My photo
Minneapolis, MN
Small town raised. Loves the Big City. Loves my husband and my canine kids. Love all things vintage.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Faux-potle Recipes

Kristin and Rich came over last night for dinner.  I told Lucas I was making tacos so he requested instead of ground turkey that I do my Chipotle version.  I think it was even easier than having to brown turkey lol.

So here's what I did (sorry no pictures - it didn't last long):  

I did "carnitas"which is pulled pork.  I used a pork tenderloin seasoned with garlic, cumin, pepper and cinnamon.  If you want to up the heat you can add chili powder or chili flakes.  I put the tenderloin and 1 can of chicken broth in the crock and put it on low for 8 hours.  I shredded the pork about a hour before we ate and let it absorb the juice.   Easy schmeasy. 

Now for the chipotle cilantro lime rice - I put white jasmine rice in our rice cooker because I wanted it sticky.  I combined 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the juice of 2 limes, salt and about a handful of chopped cilantro (I would do more next time because I luuuurve cilantro).  Once the rice was done cooking I stirred in the above mixture.  

For fixings we had lettuce, tomato, fresh salsa from Trader Joe's, cheese, sour cream, onion and Cholula hot sauce.   Kristin and I ate bowls and the boys ate giant burritos. 


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment