About Me

My photo
Minneapolis, MN
Small town raised. Loves the Big City. Loves my husband and my canine kids. Love all things vintage.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

71/365

First of all, If you want to laugh your ass off, check this website out:


http://damnyouautocorrect.com/


Secondly,



We've been watching Mad Men Season 1 today courtesy of my friend Julie, aka Mrs. Don Draper.  I like it.  Seeing how I wasn't alive in the 60's its crazy to see the idiosyncrasies of that time period:  


* Did anyone ever NOT have a cigarette in their hand?   I've heard stories from the older wiser people that I work with that "back in the day" doctors carted their cigarettes around while rounding on patients.  And I can't even fathom smoking on an airplane!!


* And you had a full bar at work (sometimes) - score!  If it was 1960 I'm pretty sure everyone I work with would be drunk and smoking by 9 am (stressful work environment some days!).


* DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES EVER LEAVE THE HOUSE WITHOUT THE PERFECT MAKE UP, HAIR, HAT, SHOES, DRESS, GLOVES AND HANDBAG.  :-)  I could deal with this one.


* Pretty sure the term "sexual harassment" was coined in an ad agency in Manhattan in 1960.


Lucas just said "Why am *I* doing the dishes?  Isn't that woman's work???"   To which I answered "Shut up and get my martini and Lucky Strike."  


Just for fun I "Mad Men"'d myself.  Mad Men Yourself!!



No comments:

Post a Comment